Scholar

Re: Error when using multiple conditions

Hhi!

any news on this? have the same issue on SP2019, Nintex 5.0.2.0

0 Kudos
MegaJerk
Collaborator

Not as far as I'm aware. With the way that everything is setup for how Workflow Actions are reconfigured and placed onto the Workflow Canvas (for lack of a better term), I'm not entirely sure that they will be able to fix the thing that Chrome is doing without some overhauls because it seems to be completely at odds with how their backend is setup. 

For the time being I would just use Firefox or IE to set any conditional statements that require more than two conditions, and move back to chrome for when you're working on everything else. 

0 Kudos
MegaJerk
Collaborator

For whatever reason I cannot edit a previously created post so I'm just adding another one to this thread. 

This is just a post giving a more detailed look into what is happening for those who are interested in the nitty gritty. Keep on moving if you're satisfied with previous answers 😉

I have modified a JsFiddle to show exactly what the problem is: https://jsfiddle.net/8cmn3xo1/

If you were to look at that Fiddle on Chrome, the output would be: 

image.png

While on FireFox we get: 
image.png

Notice how the attribute prefix is dropped from the first textarea in Chrome. It would seem that an attribute prefix that has been added using the createAttribute function will no longer provide that prefix once the attribute is returned using XMLSerializer's serializeToString function. 

Being that a large portion of the code for Workflows is relying on building an XML payload that is hadnded to the server and is being built with attribute prefixes (and subsequently the create/setAttribute functions), it just won't work anymore for Chrome. 

All that aside, it would seem that adding the attribute directly using something like jquery (which is loaded in the Workflow Editor) as if it were a normal document nodeset seems to allow the XMLSerializer to return the correct value, so at least there is some way forward. It's just going to require them to rewrite several of the functions and then make sure that they still work across every browser combo (which is a big task). 

0 Kudos
MegaJerk
Collaborator

If you update to the latest version of Chrome (76.0.3809), the problem with Multiple Conditions for Conditional Actions / Run If Actions should be resolved. 

The Chrome Browser was in error and the latest updates addresses the problem to bring it in line with FireFox and Edge: https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/9e54bad462fb56b46cd36bef230c5c4f38828f8b 

0 Kudos