francis-swee
Canvas Initiate

Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type.

hi, i am new to nintex.

testing on my my workflow that i have completed,

There is an error at repeating section: Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type. 

For Error at Create item:     I checked and tried added all fields that I need eg Course end date, Course code, Project Code ( created new variable vDateCourseEndDate.  

However, error still showing, does not tell me exactly where is not correct. 

I need to follow the sequence that the columns has been created?  Or is there something else that I need to correct?

I am using repeating section with 6 columns of entry. the error is stall at "Creating item".

I attached some pictures for reference. anyone with similar case can help to advise? thank you.

Hope my 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tarf
Design Canvas Artiste

Re: Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type.

Your error may not occur during item creation.

What are you logging right before you are creating the item?

Can you put a "commit pending changes" right before creation and rerun the workflow to see if it is actually trying to create the item?

0 Kudos
kunalpatel
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type.

@francis-swee ....did you try parsing your lookup data?

0 Kudos
francis-swee
Canvas Initiate

Hi,

Thank you for reply, 

Did not use parseLookup(NamedControl) this yet.  

This method is the direct resolution to the problem I faced? 

0 Kudos
kunalpatel
Automation Master
Automation Master

@francis-swee ....I'm not sure since I don't know your configuration but the error says "Unable to transform the......" so the issue it seems is the value you're getting.

0 Kudos
francis-swee
Canvas Initiate

Thank you, noted, will look into this direction. 🙂

0 Kudos