cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copy Type of Group - Example/help

Jump to solution

I have an Account with several Projects under it.  Each Project has milestones.  I would like to create an Excel file showing all the Projects as rows with all Milestones showing for each Project as repeated rows.  I was able to complete this task in Word, but need to show it in a different format (conditional formatting on due dates) that I want to complete in Excel. 

I know how to use the Object_Start to replicate the rows. Where do I put the Object_Table_Start tag in Excel? The documentation has no references to Copy Type = Group or how to do this in Excel. From other posts, I think this is possible in Excel.  

The file I've created gets to the first milestone in the first project and does not replicate after that. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ryan_oleary
Nintex Newbie

Re: Copy Type of Group - Example/help

Jump to solution

Hey Truett Thompson‌,

Table replication is not supported inside of Excel since Excel is essentially a giant table. If you'd like to Group inside of Excel I would recommend writing formulas that would group the information together. 

Would you mind providing an example of what you want the Due Dates to look like?

Cheers,

Ryan

Not applicable

Re: Copy Type of Group - Example/help

Jump to solution

That makes sense.  

So, I've gone a different route.  I wrote to reports and am now exporting those reports to be included in two different tabs in a workbook. From there, I can do all the conditional formatting and data manipulation I want.  

For the Due Dates, I want planned versus forecast due dates different colors depending on how far they are away from the plan with red, yellow, green "stop lights".  

This Q can be marked complete now. 

0 Kudos