cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Repeating section data into a collection...only see last entry

Jump to solution

I've got a repeating section that outputs to a multi line text column. I've got a Query XML that outputs to a collection. I then have a For Each that goes through the collection.

I have a field called FieldA which is one of the repeating fields and there is a QueryXML which outputs to a collection called collFieldA. The For Each goes through the collection.

I then have an Update List Item which adds the contents of the collection to the Field A column.

I do get something appear in FieldA column but it's only the last entry in the Repeatinarg Section. If there's 3 entries in the RS field, I only get the last entry appear in the field.

It's obviously overwriting the value in FieldA as the For Loop progresses but how do I append instead of  overwriting?

Cheers...

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Repeating section data into a collection...only see last entry

Jump to solution

Hey Aaron,

you are right, the other values have been overwritten. You first need to build a string with all values and in the end you update the desired column of your element with the information of that string. In the "For each" action you use the "Build string" action and at the end of the workflow you use the "Update list item" action.

The workflow looks like this:

The configuration of the "For each" action looks like this:

The configuration of the "Build string" action looks like this:

The configuration of the "Update List Item" action looks like this:

To make it perfect you'll need some "Extract substring" actions to delete redundant commas.

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello,

Are you still having this issue?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Sorry, I meant to reply to Jan's post last week but forgot about it.

That worked perfectly.

Cheers...

0 Kudos