cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Method for notification (email) of suspension?

We use workflows for a variety of tasks and processes, and we usually have 50-100 workflows either running or on a timed loop waiting to be run at a certain time of the day. We are running into issues with certain workflows suspending at times of heavy load and need a method to trigger a notification to us (via email, preferably) when a workflow suspends. Does any one know of a way to do this?

Labels: (1)
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Method for notification (email) of suspension?

Hi Nick:

What do you mean when you say "...when a workflow suspends" ?

Do you need that each workflow instance to have a lifetime ?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Fernando,

when I say that, Im referring to the workflow status. For instance, when you start the workflow and its running normally, the status shows "started." When its finished it shows "completed," and when its stopped manually it shows "terminated."  Along the same lines, when the workflow encounters an error, it pauses and reads "suspended" and sits there. I need something to monitor this across all our workflows and notify us when it becomes "suspended."

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I need to know this too.  We need a method of monitoring a "stuck" workflow.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Couldn't you run a site workflow that checks for workflow status somehow of 'suspended' in all the lists?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Or maybe you can add in your workflows that if the workflow status changes to 'suspended' to email you or a specific user.

Accept as Solution Reply