Andrew87
Scholar

Cloud Workflow Query List Date and Time Field

Jump to solution

Hi I am creating a workflow using a scheduled event and querying a list. So basically at 1100pm I want nintex to query a list using a date and time column (in sharepoint i don't use the time just date) then use a run if function that is if the column date is equal to the context date then it send an email. However even though I select sharepoint to use just the date it appears to still add the time from the query date. See attachment. Any help would be appreciatedWorkflow.PNG

Date and Time.PNG

Date and Time Test workflow.PNG

   

0 Kudos
5 Replies
leighburke
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Cloud Workflow Query List Date and Time Field

Jump to solution

@Andrew87 Date/time fields always have time it is just hidden when selecting date only. It will be set to midnight for the local time zone in SharePoint. You could potentially look at using a range if you deal with multiple time zones, otherwise do the condition against midnight. 

0 Kudos
Andrew87
Scholar

Jump to solution

I don't have to worry about time zones. How would I go about formatting the current date and midnight??

Andrew87_0-1629485267552.png

0 Kudos
butlerj
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Andrew87 given that all date/time values from SPO come back in Zulu time you should be able to use the 'Current date' context variable and append T00:00:00Z to set things to midnight. For example:

Midnight.png

Exanoke.png

Query.png

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Andrew87
Scholar

Jump to solution

Awesome Thank you!

0 Kudos
Andrew87
Scholar

Jump to solution

I'd like to send an email notification for each result with information from the list in it or one email with all the queried information in it. Any thoughts on how i could accomplish this?

0 Kudos