Nintex Mobile HTML formatting support

Badge +4

Nintex Mobile is written using native technologies on iOS, Android, Windows and Windows Phone platform which enables us to provide the best and most performant experience for users.

In order to make this happen and provide you with the best experience, we had to do some minor sacrifices on supported HTML formatting and styling. For example we don't support any css tag on any mobile platform. The problem is the each platform may interpret css tags differently which will force you to have inconsistencies on how forms are rendered on each platform. This will result in users having to spend much more time designing and testing a mobile friendly forms.

However based on your feedback we have been adding support for some basic HTML formatting in the Label Control. The following table summarizes HTML formatting support in the label control in Nintex Mobile:

HTML Formatting support per platform

Bold

Italics

Underline

Font Color

Alignment

iPhone

Yes

Yes

No*

Yes

Yes

iPad

Yes

Yes

No*

Yes

Yes

Windows Phone

Yes

Yes

No*

Yes

Yes

Windows

Yes

Yes

No*

Yes

Yes

Android

Yes

Yes

No*

Yes

No

When setting the font color please remember that Nintex Mobile only supports HEX and RGB colors set through ribbon (English color names are not supported yet).

And one last thing, please share your feedback and suggestions or vote for your intended features at Uservoice 6 - Nintex Mobile Apps: Hot (47 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Nintex.​ Hearing your feedback is very important in our road-map.

6 replies

Badge +4

Hi Avi,

No, Nintex Mobile only supports <br/> tag at the moment. does not support html tags.

May I know what your use case scenario is.

Thanks,

Vahid

Badge +4

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for providing the info about and please note my edit of the previous reply. I unfortunately didn't notice <br> tag in your question.

So basically you can use <br/> tag to break down the line.

Can I please ask you to add your feedback on html formatting support to our user voice so that we can prioritize it accordingly.

thanks,

Vahid

Badge +2

Hi Vahid,

Does Nintex Mobile App support custom JavaScript functions?

thanks

Muhammad Mavia

Badge +4

Hi mohammad mavia‌,

No it does not support custom JS on any platforms. Nintex Mobile apps are fully native apps and due to security, stability and quality concerns, we decided to not support custom JS in Nintex Mobile.

Would you mind letting me know what your scenario is?

Thanks,

Badge +2

Thanks for reply Vahid

My scenario is i am getting some value from other lists through javascript and loading it on the form on page load. which obviously i couldn't do now as it is not supported.

other thing is, is there any other way/option to design a nintex mobile app forms?

Thanks.

Badge +4

Hi Mohammad,

Could you not use List Lookup control for this scenario?