Skip to main content

Hi,

Does anyone know how to use the “Output Variables” in the Task Summary on the Nintex RPA Console Plus? 

Task Summary

Hi @blackfantasy,

• What is an Output Variable?
    An output variable stores the result or data generated by an RPA automation, such as task status, calculations, or extracted information.

• When To Use Them?
    Use output variables when capturing automation results is needed for further actions, especially in integrations with other systems like NAC or any app triggering the wizard via Nintex's public API.

• How Will You Do It?
    Define an output variable in the action settings, follow naming conventions (lowercase, no special characters), and use the output in workflow steps or integrations to make decisions or pass information.

You can learn more here or here.

RPA product team,

Hi @blackfantasy 
Has this response help answer your question? 

Hi @Eli_Shteinberg,

My apologize for the slow response. Thank you for your response and great explanation. I just want to clarify about the output variable that relates to the Console Plus.

I have created a simple wizard that will write certain increment numbers to a file (from 1 until 200) and I want to save the 200 number to a variable and treat it as an output variable. What action should I use on the wizard? I have saved the 200 number to a variable $outputvar$ and the output variable in the Console Plus is still empty. Is there any step that I missed? FYI, I run this wizard as an unattended.

Need your advice. Thank you.

Hi @MillaZ,

Thank you for reminding me to write my reply response. Before I click the best answer there is something that I need to clarify first to @Eli_Shteinberg.

Thank you.