Question

Nintex Site Workflow - Update Current Date field from SharePoint

• 27 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
  • Rookie
  • 20 replies

Hello - I use Nintex Site Workflow for SharePoint 2016. I have Current Date column in SharePoint list.

How do I create a site workflow to update Current Date column in SharePoint list to a current date? I’m appreciated your help.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @YV 

Site Workflow Overview 

Updating a field - Do you want to update all the Current Date column in the List or filtered items only?

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/#sp2016/Workflow/ActionsCore/UpdateMultipleItems.htm

Badge +3

Thanks, Rookie. I would like to update the "Today's Date" field of all items of the list. 

For example: I have Today (Current Date) field is 12/27/2022, if I access to SharePoint list tomorrow, Today (Current Date) field automatically displays 12/28/2022. How can I configure to automatically update Today’s date field with Site Workflow? Site workflow is scheduled to run daily.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @YV 

Use the Update Item action or the Update Multiple Items action.

- Set the name of the field (Today (Current Date)) to be updated
- Set the value (use the current Date context)

Badge +3

I’m able to get it works. I used Query list, then For Each and Update Item action. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @YV 

You’re welcome.

Great to hear that you manage to get the Update Item action to update the dates on your SP list.