Solved

Refresh Lookup Columns in the Windows Mobile App without Deleting Local Storage?

• 25 November 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am using Nintex Forms for Office365. The users heavily use the mobile app to access the form. The mobile form uses lookup columns. Sometimes when I add new values in the list the lookup fields don't update in the Windows Mobile App unless I delete local storage and refresh. The iPhone app seems to better. Is there another way to refresh without deleting? Not ideal to delete local storage because it deletes my drafts!

icon

Best answer by andrewg 18 December 2015, 01:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Doesn't just pulling down on the forms screen refresh the lookups? It does on my iPhone app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did this work for you?

Badge +1

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the suggestion. I actually did a little bit more digging and talked with Support and it turns out that it is my choice columns that are not refreshing. I had not originally noticed and thought it was the lookups because i'm using both in this case.

Notes from my support call:

We first took a look at the Lookup controls and tried to break it by adding new values to the lookup control. Nintex Mobile saw the new value from the lookup control without any issues. Next test was adding a new value to all three controls (1 choice and 2 lookups). When we then tested the the Form in Nintex mobile we saw the the first control being a choice column did not update with the new value. The reason why we were unable to see the choice field value change is because the choice field is a static and does not get update to the cached Form page. The clearing of the cache and then reopening the Form works because the new cached Page is update with the new value to the choice control.

It sounds like it is working as expected with choice columns not updating because it is cached to the mobile forms. Where lookup columns are dynamically retrieved when you refresh your forms. Not the answer I would like because in this case they are adding new choices and can't delete their drafts, so I will have to see if I can make the choice columns lookups instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That's good info. I bet if you just republish your form without any changes, but after the choice field is updated with a new option, it will be picked up. Let me know if it does or doesn't.

Badge +1

Thanks Andrew! Yes that worked!