Question

Problem opening nintex office 365 from sharepoint list

• 19 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I have added the nintex office 365 app in my sharepoint online site. But while I open the app from a list in the site, the O365 Directly takes me to my Automation cloud tenant and I do not get the option to create list workflows. Subsequently, when i open from site content then although I can access the O365 app designer but while creating the workflow I do not getting the ‘start workflow’ option in the settings tab. I was following the installation procedure from help.nintex. 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @MBAutomation,

If this is a new installation of Nintex for O365, the only option for workflow is to use Nintex Automation Cloud.
If this is an old installation, the check box needs to be unchecked in the integration settings in the Nintex Automation Cloud tenant.

It is strange that the workflow designer is opening when launching from the site contents. You may have the old app installed, which is why it opens.  When opening from the site contents, you are creating a site workflow. As this is the case, there is no option to start a workflow on item creation, as the workflow will not know which list to be listening to.