Office 365 Create Site - Custom Site Template

Badge +3

Using the Office 365 Create Site action in Nintex workflows, one of the parameters that needs to be setup is the Site Template. This workflow works with the Team Site Template just fine, but when I select Custom Template and try to point to one of the templates in my Solutions Gallery, I get an error that it does not exist.

I have tried variations on the name with and without the file extension, the friendly name that shows up in Create new site and even trying some variations with the GUID for the Template, but all get the same error.

Any ideas how to implement a Custom Site Template? Anyone else had any success using this?

Full Error: The requested site template 'DeptProjectSite4.wsp' for the selected language (LCID) '1033' does not exist.

Thanks for any advice!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Josh,

This post worked for me when I got the same error: I am trying to create a sub-site using custom site template ,and i have given user name and password of a Site collecti…

Badge +3

Thanks for the reply and reminding me I needed to close this out. My issue was a bad variable that was pointing to a DEV Site collection where the site templates didn't exist. Once I fixed that variable things started working. Thanks again for the suggestion though!