Skip to main content

I'm creating multiple sites that will house procedure manuals for my department. I want to have the ability to allow users to edit the content on these sites, however not be able to publish. An approver would be alerted if content is edited, and then be able to approve/reject this content. Would this be possible using a workflow?

Hi Laura,

Just curious, why not use SharePoint built in functionality, SharePoint Alerts? The User would have to configure it all areas that applies. 

Otherwise, if using a workflow to handle the notification of alert changes, I would approach it in two ways:

1) Option 1 - Create a list workflow to run on item change, and send an email to whomever that needs to be notified about the change. This will be an immediate notification.

2) Option 2 - Create a site workflow with Query to List (query the libraries that contains the procedures/manuals and to return the Last Modified of the latest ID). Send an email notification to the recipients that need to be notified of the documents that was recently changed.

You're absolutely right! I don't know why I didn't think of doing SharePoint Alerts. It does exactly what I need it to do! Thanks so much!!

Glad I helped you out. If you could please mark your question as answered/completed. That would be great.