Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a 2013 Nintex Workflow that I really need to get converted to Nintex Automation but I'm stuck on how to accomplish this when I’m not seeing the same functionality.  Currently in 2013 users go to a specific item and click workflows where they can they push the workflow to start.  In SP online environment this same functionality is not available.

They select Workflows on each item which takes them to a screen that allows them to run the Nintex workflow manually.
This is what I see in SP Online environment stating this will be retired in 2026

Hi @fortyone,

Yes, as you can see, Microsoft is turning off its 2013 workflow engine in SharePoint online.
Currently, Nintex for O365’s workflow product also uses this engine. As such, we are advising customers to migrate to Nintex Automation cloud, which can integrate seamlessly with SharePoint online.
Get a tour of Nintex Automation Cloud here.

Yes I am asking how to migrate to Nintex Automation cloud.  How would users be able to trigger the workflow to run manually from a specific list item at any time as they do in 2013 environment?

Hi @fortyone,

Thank you for your clarification.
You are correct, you cannot manually start a Nintex Automation Cloud workflow the same way as previously.
Nintex Automation Cloud workflows can be started based on an item update, so maybe a column that is updated to Yes to start the workflow could be used instead.

Further to Simon’s suggestion about watching for a field to change, you can start workflows manually against list items if you know the item ID.  This is performed from NAC rather than from SharePoint.  Here’s an example screen:

Hi @fortyone,

Thank you for your clarification.
You are correct, you cannot manually start a Nintex Automation Cloud workflow the same way as previously.
Nintex Automation Cloud workflows can be started based on an item update, so maybe a column that is updated to Yes to start the workflow could be used instead.

Thanks a ton!!!  Not sure how I did not think of this, will get this configured today and test.  Thanks again