Skip to main content

Good afternoon,

I was thinking this was a simple question, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I was wondering if it was suggested to not edit the workflows (i.e. adding distros, updating Email Notification templates) while there are users working in it?

We have a team of about 50 people and often we get complaints from the floor that are deemed as "server issues" but I was wondering if they could get a 'Workflow errored' message or other hinderance due to me editing the workflow throughout the day?

Thanks,

Kaitlin

@kaitxstep So workflow designing works differently than workflows in progress. Currently, you cannot block another user (designer) from editing the workflow while you are editing the design. However, if a version is published and then you go back to edit it, this will not disrupt the workflow previously published if someone runs the workflow. These are called version instances and are kept separate from a new version created through editing. You can have one version running while another version is published meaning that when published any new workflow instances will pick up that chance specifically.

The best thing is to do a governance policy where the updates to a workflow are governed and checked in/out.  

Thanks so much. I plan on adding a pause at the end of the workflow today as I believe we're getting errors due to it being so extensive. I hoped my going into it didn't hinder the process.