Skip to main content

In the previous version it was possible to CC someone when assigning a task, but this option doesn't seem to be available in the 365 version. Is there a workaround for this?

Depending on what you want to achieve, but I'm just creating a parallel block, and in one branch I add the "task" action, and to the second the "send email" action. So I get the task created for the first branch and just a notification send for the second.

Regards,

Tomasz

Agree with Tomasz Poszytek‌, and also keeping the same email text in both task email and the Send Email action user will not be able to differentiate. 

I thought about this too, but there are two problems with this approach:

One: Task-specific information is not available in the email (i.e. taks ID, URL, etc...)

Two: The person receiving the email can't hit "Reply" to email the task assignee (vs when the task is CC'd, they can hit "Reply All", and take out the Nintex email). Or, you can send to both the Assignee and the CC person, but then the assignee will get duplicate emails.

Well, O365 has it's miseries

For the first problem, you can simply add, in that second branch, a loop, that loops until a task for the item is created, then gets details of the task, and then actually send the email, thus you will have the task details. This approach is described here for example: https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2016/09/06/linkin-tasks-or-how-to-get-that-pesky-task-item-url 

For the second problem - yes, sorry, no way to workaround

Regards,

Tomasz