Skip to main content

Hi, 

I have a supervisor field that is a people picker and I have figured out how to autofill it with the current user. It is connected to the Supervisor column in the sharepoint list. When the form is submitted, the name disappears from both the form and the Supervisor column. What am I doing wrong?

I’m using SharePoint Online, Nintex for O365, and responsive designer.

Thanks for your help!

Donna 

Hi @dpstear ,

My answer will have assumptions as your description of the issue is not complete.

For you to auto-populate the supervisor in the column in SharePoint tells me that the item has been created.  Is the item created via a Nintex form or another way?

When you open the Nintex form I am assuming it will be in edit mode and it is not picking up the user from the SharePoint column, ie the control is blank. As the control is blank, when you submit the form again after editing it, the column will be cleared as the control will be updating it to blank.

If the people picker control is clearing the column in SharePoint, this tells me that it is connected correctly.

Direction to resolve issue:

The path to the solution is to review how you are populating the SharePoint column. If the Nintex form is not picking up the value then there is an issue with the value.

Hi,

Thanks for answering. Let me try to better articulate this to see if it’s even possible to do what I’m trying to do.

We have a simple form that has been in use for a few years so we don’t want to lose data.

The form has a Supervisor field that is a people picker but the Supervisor is now required to fill out the form so I would like to auto-fill that field if possible. I am able to use current user as the default value on that control to auto-fill it and it is connected to the Supervisor column but the value isn’t passing to the column in the list when the form is submitted. 

I hope that makes better sense. If it isn’t possible this way, is there another solution?

Thanks for all your help,

Donna

@dpstear 
What you are doing sounds correct.

Please provide a screen shot of the people picker control configuration and the SharePoint column configuration. 

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response. Upper management has decided to change the workflow completely for this form and I have created a new form and workflow so this is no longer an issue for us.

Thanks for all your help!

Donna