Solved

Will update list item work for library field updates?

• 23 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +10

I am working on upgrade my workflows from O365 to NAC. I have one workflow that I am currently working on. It generates a document from information in a SharePoint list and stores that document in a SharePoint library. I want to update several fields in the library, but I can’t get the columns to populate. The document makes it in, I believe that I have all field types correct. If I log to instance details, the start variables show the correct information. I am wondering if the Update List Item action can even be used to update a library item? Or is there something else that I am missing?

icon

Best answer by aak1 24 October 2023, 00:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I am working on upgrade my workflows from O365 to NAC. I have one workflow that I am currently working on. It generates a document from information in a SharePoint list and stores that document in a SharePoint library. I want to update several fields in the library, but I can’t get the columns to populate. The document makes it in, I believe that I have all field types correct. If I log to instance details, the start variables show the correct information. I am wondering if the Update List Item action can even be used to update a library item? Or is there something else that I am missing?

You should be able to output the new document ID from the library on your store a file action. 

Be sure you are using that output in the conditions for update items against the ID field.

It should allow you to update whatever fields you have in your document library. 

Do you have content types enabled? If so ill let someone else speak on that cause i had issues in the past with fields not showing up in NAC.

Badge +10

As it turns out, I just was missing a file extension. Once I added that, the condition worked just fine.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

As it turns out, I just was missing a file extension. Once I added that, the condition worked just fine.

Awesome glad you figured it out. I assume your using name to gilter by....I normally use the sytem ID since it's always unique and will never change. But to each their own. ;)