Solved

Repeating Sections & Editing within a Task Form

• 23 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

does anyone know how to edit a repeating section on a task form?

New Start Event Form

Task Form 

If rejected, this needs to be sent back to the Initiator for corrections.
Was hoping for an easy mouse trap but doesn’t look like it will be easy. :(​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Jake 23 April 2024, 16:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @brandiwoodson,

This is not yet supported in NAC tasks but it is in the pipeline, if editable repeating sections are required the only options would be to use a Nintex for SharePoint form for now, instead of linking to the Nintex task form create the SharePoint list item to work on and link that in an email, then set a wait for change action on the Sharepoint item to handle task completion events. 

Other option is to build a plugin specifically for the need but you will loose some of the form condition logic.

Jake

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Def don't’ have the knowledge to create/build a plugin. 

We can’t use a Nintex Form for Office 365 since they need all the data in the repeating section itemized in a list. I tried having a two-list concept, primary requests stored in one list have the workflow create itemized items in a separate list but now I’m struggling getting the repeating section into a presentable presentation for the executives for the task they will be reviewing - since we cannot simply display a repeating section from a Multiple line of text field coming from a Nintex Form for Office 365 form. 

Any suggestions? I need a table that simply has the following column headers: 

• GL Code
  • Column for each month
  • Total Column

Then at that point, the table will expand due to having 14 columns so it would need to scroll to the right for visibility. I tried the plugin, but I have hidden fields in my repeating section and couldn't’ figure out how to remove some of the fields through the xml code from to avoid those fields showing up in the table viewer plugin so I gave up on the table viewer concept and stuck with the HTML table below. The other issue I have with this is I can’t display currency so when I add a “$” in front and convert to decimal. If it’s an integer it only adds 1 “0” not “00”. Bummer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @brandiwoodson 

I have spoken with the product manager and they have informed me that there is a push to explore editable repeating sections next quarter.

I don't think we can take that as a release date of any kind, I think that would be unreasonable but it is great to know it will be looked into.

In the meantime however there are a number of things we can do to help improve the current experience, You mentioned you tried out the table viewer plugin, there are a couple ways we can help format the data in a way so the plugin will work great like removing fields you don’t want etc.

As it is my plugin I am more than happy to make updates to it to help you. 

Please reach out to me via your AM/CSM so we can set up a call.

Jake 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @brandiwoodson 

I have spoken with the product manager and they have informed me that there is a push to explore editable repeating sections next quarter.

I don't think we can take that as a release date of any kind, I think that would be unreasonable but it is great to know it will be looked into.

In the meantime however there are a number of things we can do to help improve the current experience, You mentioned you tried out the table viewer plugin, there are a couple ways we can help format the data in a way so the plugin will work great like removing fields you don’t want etc.

As it is my plugin I am more than happy to make updates to it to help you. 

Please reach out to me via your AM/CSM so we can set up a call.

Jake 

I messaged our CSM. Appreciate it!

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@Jake  I sent you a private message.