Skip to main content

I am creating a form in NAC and would like to prevent someone from resubmitting a form one after another.

I understand that you can query Workflow Instances of a form that has already been submitted using “Get a workflow’s instances” data source. However, how do we query the USER that submitted these instances?

I am inserting this information to a database on a workflow submission, but in the time it takes to do that while the 1st submission is still processing, a user can submit a 2nd form while the 1st submission is still waiting to be added to the database.

I am creating a form in NAC and would like to prevent someone from resubmitting a form one after another.

I understand that you can query Workflow Instances of a form that has already been submitted using “Get a workflow’s instances” data source. However, how do we query the USER that submitted these instances?

I am inserting this information to a database on a workflow submission, but in the time it takes to do that while the 1st submission is still processing, a user can submit a 2nd form while the 1st submission is still waiting to be added to the database.

I'm no expert but could you use the data source on external data tab to get instances and then check if the user already has instances using a validation rule checking against email, assuming this is an authenticated start form? You can use a contains rule or something for collection returned from data source output.

I'm no expert but could you use the data source on external data tab to get instances and then check if the user already has instances using a validation rule checking against email, assuming this is an authenticated start form? You can use a contains rule or something for collection returned from data source output.

I initially looked into that but cannot identify any use of email in the Workflow Instances. And yes, this is an authenticated start form.

I initially looked into that but cannot identify any use of email in the Workflow Instances. And yes, this is an authenticated start form.

I see what you mean. I’m not sure then. Maybe a recommendation is redirect so they don’t have time to immediately submit another form and still have the validation in your workflow so it doesn’t log it again, maybe shoot them an email if one already exists. 

Another suggestion is try out if the ‘Form submission using data source variables’ and if this can help you out? This is in the settings tab.