Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I have saved drafts of 3 Nintex workflows in Automation cloud. But they were deleted. Please let me know if I can find a way to check who has deleted the workflow or is there some other reason they got auto deleted for.

Thanks in advance,

Susmitha

I don't think so. Once a workflow is deleted that's it. 

What role are you assigned as in NAC? 

I'd contact a global admin or whoever owns that platform within your organization. 

If you listed the everyone group as a workflow owner then anyone could have done it with a designer role or above.

If not then admin would have been the only ones that could have deleted it so I'd ask one of them. 

Thanks @brandiwoodson I have the global admin access. But everyone in my team confirmed that they did not delete any of the draft versions for any workflows as multiple projects are going on for us. I just wanted to check if there is a root cause like time limit that I can save the workflows in draft.

So were the workflows deleted entirely or did you have drafts for published workflows and the drafts are what is missing?

Hi @Mittu,

The only way a draft/saved workflow is removed is when the draft/saved workflow is published.
If you have a published workflow and create a draft/saved workflow it will once again only be deleted when it is published because it becomes the published workflow.

Thanks @SimonMuntz I have not published the draft versions. 

@brandiwoodson The workflows were not deleted entirely but only the draft versions. I did not publish the draft versions. When I checked the workflow’s version history for one of the three workflows, I can still find the timestamp of the saved Draft version as an entry though the Draft is deleted.

@Mittu, If the draft workflow was not deleted from the workflow page and the draft was not published, I suggest that you contact Nintex support so that they can have our development team look into the issue.

Thank you @SimonMuntz , I will raise it with the Nintex Support team to check for a possible root cause.

@brandiwoodson The workflows were not deleted entirely but only the draft versions. I did not publish the draft versions. When I checked the workflow’s version history for one of the three workflows, I can still find the timestamp of the saved Draft version as an entry though the Draft is deleted.

Thanks for clarifying. Ok so when you save as draft for a published workflow, it will save the draft version below the published workflow version.

You have two versions you can potentially open, edit and make changes to. I didn’t see where @SimonMuntz  mentioned this. So curious if what I’m about to share is a glitch now. 

You can edit the original version or the draft version of any workflow. So anyone with ownership to the workflow itself could have deleted the draft version any of the following methods:

• Method #1 - By opening the original version that is published, editing and clicking publish. That will clear the draft from workflow listing, but your draft is still there in version history. 
    • If someone did this, you would be able to see who published it AFTER the draft was saved. 
  • Method #2 - Clicking the ellipsis on the draft and clicking delete. However your draft is still there in version history.
    • If someone did this method, you won’t be able to see who deleted your draft via this method.

Either method, your draft is still there in version history, just open the draft and either publish or save it. IF you save it, it will reappear in listing. This behavior has been like this since I have been working in NAC which was May of 2022. If it’s a bug, I don’t know but that is how it works for us.