Solved

NAC - What is the multiline text box character limit?

• 11 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +4

Hi 

What is the multiline text box character limit in NAC?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by harfmt1 11 December 2023, 23:39

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @harfmt1,

The maximum character limit can be set in the form designer options for the component:

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

John

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I do not see an exact character limit mentioned in documentation. Here are some links to information for future reference:

Text - Long control documentation - Text - Long (nintex.com)

Nintex Automation Cloud Limits documentation - Limits (nintex.com)

Badge +4

Thanks, I also couldn’t find the exact char limit for Text - Long control. I’m writing documentation for our users and wanted to include it.

I’ll include the max limit for a SharePoint list multi line instead - 63,999.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Is it possible to get a Nintex response on this matter?

NWC/NAC is connectivity is not limited to just SPO. There are many more data repository such as Azure SQL.

As such the Text Long control should be able to cater to other current and future data repository types.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Garrett,

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to respond sooner. I’m working on getting confirmation if there is a character limit for the Text - Long control. As soon as I have an answer I’ll share it with you.

Regards,

John

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Garrett, @harfmt1,

I can confirm the maximum character limit for Text - Long control is unlimited, but it is limited by a 10MB submission payload size limit, and by any limits applied to the variable or other storage the control is connected to.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Regards,

John

Badge +4

Thanks @JohnWieland. Much appreciated. I’ll include that info in my documentation. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hey @JohnWieland 

Many thanks for your confirmation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thanks @JohnWieland. Much appreciated. I’ll include that info in my documentation. 

@harfmt1 

I suggest the following

• First. You actually perform some actual testing on the max characters in the Text Long control in your organization environment. Your organization environment may (or may not) impose additional limitation. 
    It’s better for you to find out the limits rather than your users.
  • Second. State both the maximum limitation and the recommended limitation.
    e.g. Max Limit is 10MB however the Recommended Limit is 5MB. 
    This way, should the user exceed the recommended limitation there by 5% or 10%, there is still no issues. 
    If the users exceeds the Max limitation, then you may have to spend time to investigate the issue, find out the root cause, write an incident report and explain to the users (your team, your managers, etc) which is a big waste of time for everyone involved.