Question

Document Generation Excel to PDF - Automation Cloud

• 27 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Has anyone successfully converted an Excel Template to a PDF document? The dollar sign formatting is not rendering and there are charts based on the excel tables, the chart data does not render but the outline of the chart does. If the file is save as Excel all the data renders correctly.

3 replies

Badge +2

It is quiet confusing Documentation doesn’t mention how to set each field for data.

but thankfully it is quiet easy.

When you select a cell, left top corner it shows name box of that cell.

Excel name box (ver. Microsoft Excel 365)

If you click it you can edit that name. Put in the variable tags you copied from Nintex Document Tagger and press enter.

Then you can see the name box has been changed in to Nintex document tag.

changed name box​​​​​

Set each variable like this and goes through DocGen, it generated document setting each vars following name box tags.

Please note if you use other keys(ex tab) or just exit by clicking other cells, it’s value doesn’t changed.

Badge +3

Hi thanks,yes agreed that the tagging is tricky. That isn’t my questions. I wanted the output from Docgen to be a PDF, but I needed an Excel template to create a chart. Apparently it's not supported or there is a bug because the charts do not render properly when save as PDF.

Badge +3

Has anyone figured out how to get Currency values to display using the Excel template.  In the previous version, if you configured the Excel field as currency, it added the dollar signs to values from the mapped values sent by the Document Tagger.  The new version does not do that, so just wondering how it should be done.