Skip to main content
Solved

Display all the information from Repeating Section in an email / table

• 22 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, I am trying to find a way to display all the information from repeating section in an email with a table? Or at least in plain text. I tried to search in the community but it seems I can only achieve this by Sharepoint items, is there any way to I could do it without Sharepoint? Thanks.

Hi @mjliu 

NWC - Using Repeating section from Start Form, right?

You can extract the Repeating section values and generate a html table.

Check out this article: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-Workflow-Cloud-Forum/Repeating-Section-in-Task-Form/m-p/223022 

Cheers

Hi Garrett,
Thanks vm for the help. I am trying to display the information in an email, not a task form. Also it seems I am only able to retrieve the last item in the collection, did I miss anything?

Can you share some details? Its difficult to help without any further details?

What did you specify in the email? Which variable value? 

Did you use any type of loops?

Hi Garrett,

Thanks vm for your help.

I have below Repeating Section in my form that I want to generate a table (or something simpler) in an email body.

I have the below steps built up in NWC.

The collection can give me all the items I want (as shown in the email at bottom - second line), but they are not displayed as simple text but as a collection.

If I retrieve the text variable I created within loop, only the last item is shown up (as shown in the email at bottom - first line). Is there any way I could make the data more intuitive?

Please let me know if it is not clear and I could share my workflow. Really appreciate it.

Hi @mjliu 

Pls share your workflow.

Perhaps you can create a duplicate workflow first and remove all the sensitive information.

Btw, what are you doing here? Replacing or appending? 

name is ***
key is ****

Thanks vm.

*Sensitive data removed by admin! 

I think you are on the right track.  Create a workflow text variable you will use to build an HTML table that will be used in your email.

First, start the opening tag of your table:

Then use a foreach loop to iterate through your collection, concatenating each row to your table variable.  In this example , I already extracted each item in each row of my collection to other variables:

After the loop, concatenate the HTML table closing tag to the string you built.

After your table string is constructed, you can use it in an email:

I just found a more complete example in another post that has more screen shots

Repeating Section in Task Form - Nintex Community