Solved

Check if user exists in AD Nintex Workflow Cloud

• 11 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I have a form where the user entered their email address. The form data goes into SharePoint online. I want to check that the email entered is a valid AD user account. If I test it by entering an invalid email, the “Get User Details” crashes the workflow with an error. Is there a way to check a return code from this action or is there another action that will work?

icon

Best answer by AnthonyD 12 October 2023, 00:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @jschmidt7,

Are you not able to use a people picker field on the form?  That way you will know for sure that they are a valid user.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello @jschmidt7 ,

Try using the query users, return the first record and save the output. You can then query the count, if 1, then the user exists, otherwise if 0 it doesn’t.

Hope this helps you out,

Anthony

Badge +3

Thank you @AnthonyD and @SimonMuntz for your responses. Both great answers, but we have not wired our Azure AD environment to Nintex Cloud. I will use the count for now until/if we get to use that and then switch to the People Picker control.

Thanks again!

Badge +1

Thank you @AnthonyD and @SimonMuntz for your responses. Both great answers, but we have not wired our Azure AD environment to Nintex Cloud. I will use the count for now until/if we get to use that and then switch to the People Picker control.

Thanks again!

Hey there, I’d love to hear about an update on this work you’re doing. Did you implement any of these options and how did they work for you?

We’re facing a similar situation and considering our options :)

Cheers!