Solved

Assign a task for form reviewing - Looping the review step until approved

• 14 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,

I have a review step in my workflow.. an email goes to the Leading Hand for review. a Task form is sent to the Leading Hand that is a copy of the original form with the fields populated as per the original entries.

This is great for reviewing, though if the worker who submitted the form needs to edit as per the leading hand review instructions.. I have the link to the workflow instance in the email so the worker can go back in “Copy Data” and edit, though the images have to be re added. Not the biggest issue ever.. though it does direct the worker to their Nintex dashboard rather than having just a form to work with..  

If the Leading Hand Rejects the form and mentions what changes to make, is there a way to have the worker edit a form somehow as a form rather than in the dashboard, whether it be a task form or original, and then somehow “Loop” back around to the review step again? Rather than having to end the workflow and have the worker go into the Nintex dashboard? 

It doesn't seem correct to have a series of "assign a task to multiple users” along with a number of task forms. Though this could work, it would be limited to the number of times this is set in the workflow. I'm sure there's a better work around for this?

I hope that makes sense.. 

icon

Best answer by Deon 14 February 2024, 01:40

View original

4 replies

Badge +8

Hi @MatthewSimmons , if you ever need to go back and forth (looping) between different users, you need to use a State Machine, which is implemented in NAC with Branch by Stage:

Badge +3

Awesome thanks Deon, 

Im playing around with this now.. Will post any questions if I run into any dramas.

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hey @MatthewSimmons 
Can I mark this question as Solved, or would you like to ask more questions? Thanks!

Badge +3

Hi MillaZ,

Yes all good for now thanks!