K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.1) Release Notes
DOWNLOADS K2 smartforms 1.0.2 New Features List.pdf (412 KB)PRODUCT
K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.1) updates all K2 smartforms 1.0 and 1.0.1 installations with the latest product hotfixes, as detailed below.
There is one installer package for K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12650.1575.1) available for download from portal.K2.com that will facilitate upgrades and clean installs.
- For customers who already have K2 smartforms 1.0 or 1.0.1 installed, download the package and install this update.
- For customers who do not have K2 smartforms installed, download the package and follow the Setup Manager wizard.
The K2 smartforms 1.0.2 release contains new features. For more information, download the PDF from the link available in the right hand menu bar.
The following issues have been fixed and are contained within this update:
KB001574 - K2 smartforms 1.0.2 High Priority Fixes
This update includes the new features and hotfixes included in previous K2 smartforms Updates, so there is no need to install the updates listed below. The following links are provided for reference to view the enhancements and resolved issues contained within the previous updates:
- K2 smartforms 1.0.2 has a dependency on K2 blackpearl 4.6.5 due to the email attachment which is reliant on the email functionality, workflow enhancements and enhancements to the Identity Services released in K2 blackpearl 4.6.5.
- K2 recommends that for optimal performance the K2 smartforms Runtime Site should be running on the same physical server as the K2 Host Server.
- The K2 smartforms Design and Runtime sites must run on .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1. The K2 Designer will not function correctly if the sites are run on .NET Framework 4.
- The SmartForms Integration and Client Event wizards will function as expected in Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.
- To enhance the performance of SmartForms a change has been made to the Design time and Runtime site. The new requirement is that the Application Pool's Managed pipeline mode must be set to Integrated where previously it was set to Classic for both Design Time and Runtime. On upgrading to K2 smartforms 1.0.2 a warning message will be displayed to inform the user that K2 will change the mode to Integrated for you. However, if other applications are dependent on the same Application Pool K2 will not change the mode but will rather inform the user that a new Application Pool needs to be created. The K2 blackpearl Application Pool account can no longer be used as it must be set to Classic mode.
- If you have deployed custom themes and custom controls in your environment refer to KB001376 - Performance changes made in K2 smartforms 1.0.2 which details changes that will need to be considered when upgrading to K2 smartforms 1.0.2. These changes were implemented to improve performance.
- Adjustments have been made to various controls in this release and care has been taken to prevent breaking backwards compatibility. As a precaution K2 recommends that if you have applied custom themes to any Forms, extensive testing should be performed after upgrading to K2 smartforms 1.0.2 and before moving the Forms to Production to ensure that the Forms still function as previously designed. Support can be contacted if any issues are encountered during testing.
The K2 smartforms Setup Manager is available as an independent installation package that can be found at the following location:
K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.1) - https://portal.k2.com/downloads/k2smartforms
|New Prerequisite: |
Full Installation: KB001330 - Quick Guide to installing K2 smartforms or view the product documentation on help.k2.com.
Upgrade: KB001331 - Quick Guide to upgrading K2 smartforms. Remember to clear your browser cache after upgrading.
A list of some of the current known issues that you may encounter when using K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.1) is available in KB001573 - K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.1) Known Issues List.
KB001411 - Known Issue: When disabling a View using the Properties section on a Form, all other Views on the Form are subsequently disabled at runtime.
KB001412 - “Error 2601, Level 14, State 1, Procedure aCheckOutEvents, Line 121:…” received when checking out a Form with subviews or subforms in K2 smartforms 1.0.2