Skip to main content

We have a form designed for mobile use, and we need to print out onto a label printer.

the output of the form looks like this15943i4E79E3DE3B88DAD8.jpg

What do i need to change on the form to help the display better?

Hey  @braddo 

Its a bit of work, but for printouts that don't look exactly like the form you have two options:

Create a form that looks like you want the print out to be. When the user chooses to print, navigate them to that form and export it to PDF or print it from the browser.

Create an SSRS report that looks exactly like what you want. When the user clicks a print button on your form, call into the SSRS Service Instance to generate a PDF of this report.

You can also have a galnce at this path:

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Five/Is-there-a-way-to-print-a-workflow/m-p/111852#M3590

All the  best.

Hi Braddo

There is no feature to support direct print scenarios. If users want to print smartforms, they will need to convert to pdf first using the save as pdf control, and then use that generated pdf to print. Direct printing always causes minor issues like misalignments or incomplete content, which is why the save as pdf control was introduced to generate a print friendly format

Regards

Elvis

Hi Braddo,

It does not seem like K2 is the issue nor can you do anything from the form to fix this.

However, the issue here is the paper size (62MM * 1M) when printing. It is too small in width. Adjust the Width of the paper size to at least 300MM to display better.

See difference between the two images below:

(62MM * 1M)

(300MM * 1M)

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,
Katleho

i am limited to the size of the paper unfortunately