Skip to main content

Hi 

K2 server error log 

An unexpected failure was encountered
when contacting SharePoint to get information from the group
provider sitename: The SharePoint server has
indicated that the web service could not be found.
Consider updating the group provider configuration. --->
System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: 

I checked if the group provider has been registered in K2 management .it has been associated but still this issue has been logged. May i know why and the resolution?

Thanks in advance

Hi Naina,

you can check first if SharePoint groups are being used for the processes.

If the sites are not being used anymore or no longer exist you can remove the SP Group Provider, you would have to manually delete it from the database.

You can try to

1. Stop the K2 Service

2. Make a backup copy of the necessary files and databases 

3. Open SQL Server Management studio and make your way to the "HostSerrver.GroupProvider" table

4. locate the group provider that you want to remove and simply delete it from the table. 

5. Start K2 Service

Hope this helps

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Best Regards,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi Naina,

In regards to my previous reply there i a typo in table name. Please use below instead

HostServer.GroupProvider  for the table

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Best Regards,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi naina,

If you have multiple group providers registered for the same site, please delete the invalid records from the [HostServer].[GroupProvider] table in the K2 database. After that, re-activate the app. 

Regards,

Kimberly

Hi Naina

If you dont want to delete those entries in the database, you can delete them in K2 Management and Automatically they will be deleted in the database table HostServer.GroupProvider 

First Step: Go to Management

Step 2: Make sure all the link indicated with red error are Accessable (On your site they will be different link), copy them one by one and put them on  "address bar" and see if they are browsable If not, delete the one's that are not browsable. 

Step 3:

Try to register and reactivate the K2 for sharepoint App.

Regards

Elvis

Hi  @naina;

Could you please attempt the following suggestios:-

1. Run the K2 for SharePoint Configuration Wizard directly on the CA server, and see how it goes...

If the issue continues, kindly do it manually as following this prompts:

1. Clean the entries in the [Integration].[ProcessSharePointGeneralSetting] which continue to point to the old SharePoint URL (Type = AppSiteUrl, AppCatSiteUrl).
2. Update the value in the [Integration].[ProcessSharePointGeneralSetting] which points to the old SharePoint URL and has type = SiteAppConnection
3. Delete the group providers---as mentioned by  @lkimberly  @ElvisJacob  @kateV 
4. Run the Registration Wizard,Re-activate the App(https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/icg/4.7/default.htm#Install/AppDeployment.htm)

Hope your issue will get resolved...

Great Thanks;

Widson.