Skip to main content

Hi,

While trying to restrict access to categories, I was testing attaching a Workflow to a Button Click in a Form, but am getting the error: Minimum of Export Rights are required to perform this action.

If i give that Export right to the User, they can see ALL the workflows in every category, which is a big NO NO.

How do i only let the user see and attach the workflows they have created in their own category???

Thanks

Hello,

Currently, they need export rights to be able to look at the workflows and you are right this will show all workflows to them. Please log this as a feature request to Ideas.k2.com as I don't think it is currently doable in the product.

Thanks,

Thats a shame, for a citizen developer this is very much needed.

I spoke with your K2 account manager and am told this is something that may be coming soon as 5.3 Category Security can now be used to lock down Developers to a single category to create SMOs and Forms.

Now what we need is the same with Workflows.

I have an idea for a workaround for preventing the devloper running Workflows other than their own, but haven't got round to trying that yet.

I want to achieve the proper environment to allow citizen developers to create their own forms, workflows and reports.

Do you know if Reports can be locked down to category?

Hello,

Export rights should only grant the user visibility to Workflows that they have Admin rights on.  Admin rights on the Workflow Server itself (note this is separate than Admin rights on individual workflows), will grant full visibility to Management and all of its Categories.  Simply granting Export rights (but not Admin rights) on the Workflow Server will give that user access and visibility in K2 Management to only workflows that the user has Admin rights on.  I hope this makes sense, but let me know if I misunderstood your question.