Skip to main content

I have a workflow that requires me to have one of the task to be assigned to a Group. We need this to be only one task that all members can open and if someone has it open, they want to still see it on the task list.  I have this setup within the Task and I have the checkbox for "Resolve groups to individuals" unchecked. For the most part, this is working.

12160iD77A89408AFC8AA2.jpg

I had built it into the workflow to have a "close" option that actually loops back to the task so that if they don't actually finish the task, it can then be picked up by another member of the group to complete - this avoids the one single task becoming stuck with the person who opened it (so if they take a half day out of the office, someone else can complete the task). This also works pretty darn well.

In this particular workflow, this task can be assigned out to one of 8 groups. The issue is that the one group has a much larger count of members and members tend to open a task and just leave it open in a tab and don't get back to it - which leaves it "open". But this also means no one else can open the task to complete it. We have no idea who has it open and we can't redirect to a group. 

Goal 1 (and most important) - An administrator needs to be able to look somewhere (aka K2 Management) and can identify who has it open.  I can go to the Task List and I can see the the task is open, but there is no indication "Who" has it open. How do we find out who has the task open?

Goal 2 (would be nice) - The end user can see who has the task open in the Worklist and would not need an Administrator to identify who has a task open. Ideally this would be right from the Worklist. 

Hi Mhines,

Goal 1 - if you want to see who has the task open, you're going to have to enable "Resolve groups to individuals" in your Task Step.

Goal 2 - tied into the answer for Goal 1, but only users that have "View Participate" rights in the Process Rights would be able to see such information.

What version of K2 do you have? 

If it's 5.2 then the latest May CU FP11 fixes a bug with Users being assigned to Roles and removing them from the Role doesn't remove the task from their task list.
   https://help.k2.com/kb003318

Kind regards,

Hendrix

Hendrix - 

If I enable the Resolve groups to individuals, is there a way to release the task back to the group when the user is within a form? This would be from a button - like a "return" button. 

I thought when I had that selected previously, even when I had one of the possible actions be "return" that looped the flow back to that same step, the task stayed assigned to that individual.  I know that the users will not click on a button to return to the dashboard and then go to the worklist and click on Release. 

We are currently on K2 5.2 and I know that we haven't done the May CU as we are optionally looking at going forward to complete the full version update to 5.3. We won't really be moving people from role to role, so that item isn't so much the concern.