Skip to main content

CheckBox not showing in Designer or on smarform in ShP 13

• 13 March 2018
  • 8 replies

Hi...

Currently creating som new forms in K2 Five. When I tried insert check box to view(YesNo)its not visible as square, its just empty space. Picture in attachments. Problem is in K2 designer and in sharepoint 2013 when creating new item form.

Thx for help.

13891i94DB05C0B28C056C.png
11303i5707AAE0E960D47F.png

Hi Zemcak

Can you confirm if you added a Data Source to CheckBox list?

You can either add static values or bind a smartobject containing data to the control.

See the below documentation as refrence to the above mentioned. See section "Configuring the Control > Configuring a Data Source for the Control".

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.0/default.htm#Create/K2Designer/Controls/CheckBoxList/CheckBoxListControl.htm

Kind Regards

Raymond

Hi...

It's NOT check box list  control. It's only simple check box with only one option (checked, unchecked). No datasource needed. The value is supposed to be saved as single value to shp list boolean value YesNo.

I tried debugging whether the problem is on IE(v11) but no errors or warnings. Just cant see the square in designet neither in form on shp. 

Hi,

Out of curiosity, if you create a new item view, add the checkbox control, and run the view, then doe it work?

Is it possible to perform an IISRESET on the K2 Server?

Hi thx for suggestion...

Still no change...I tried reset whole server, iis and K2 services but stil the same. I created empty view with only one check box and still no check box on running view or in designer.

Hi,

Do you have any fix packs installed? You can check from this table: [HostServer].[UpdateHistory]. If this table does not exist, then no updates have been installed yet. It might be worth a shot to install the latest K2 Five fix pack which you may request from your regional techinical support.

Hi Zemcak,

Have you perhaps tried clearing the browser cache? Then, re-add the checkbox field to your Item View. 

Hi...

I tried to install Chrome and miracle...check box is visible, I can check it, uncheck it - no problem. 

But problem is still there. We cant tell our customer to use chrome. We are using multiple ShP addin platforms as Telerik, Telerik Reporting, Custom features that only works in IE.  So there is another pickle. Another problem is now that in chrome K2 is using English Language Pack so everithing is useless for basic end user. I will have to write a ticket to K2 support because we paid for over 500 user licences + SAP connector and we just cant tell users to use chrome when everything else is working on IE. Just cant.

Hi...

Just update on issue...I wrote ticket to K2. Problem is with slovak language pack. It's a bug on their side and currently trying to fix the issue. 

Possible Workaround from ticket:
During testing, I found that the Check Box Lists Control is not affected.
Although not ideal, it is possible to use a Check Box Lists with a single Option configured. To not see the text with the option, the Font Color can be set to the background color using "Style" on the control. Additionally, the "Borderless" setting can be enabled to remove the border.

Thx.