Skip to main content

In this month’s user spotlight blog, we’re talking to Codi Kaji (CodiKaji), Group Product Manager at Nintex.

Lego Codi Kaji

What is your current role, how long have you worked at Nintex, and your career background?

I am a Group Product Manager at Nintex and just celebrated my 17th anniversary at Nintex. I started as a technical writer creating white papers, the first version of the installation and configuration guide as it’s structured today, and training content such as the K2 101 course, the infrastructure course, and K2 Connect materials. From there, I moved into Product Management, fulfilling various roles as release manager, beta coordinator, and the K2 Advisory Board director before moving into the Group Product Manager role for digital experiences. After the acquisition, that role expanded to the Group Product Manager for all things Nintex Automation. Before joining Nintex, I was the Manager of Knowledge Management for a Fortune 500 customer and implemented SharePoint and workflow automation for our corporate headquarters.

Which Nintex Product are you most passionate about and why?

The product formerly known as K2 Five and is now known as Nintex Automation. I started working with this automation platform as a customer in the 2003 product version, worked with all blackpearl and blackpoint versions, followed by the next generation in K2 Five. I am proud to keep innovating on this powerful platform. With its longevity comes a vast feature set to solve nearly every automation problem you can throw at it.

What do you enjoy most about answering Community questions?

We are lucky to have some of the most dedicated and loyal customers and partners, who bring the product into new opportunities to solve problems. My favorite part is talking with customers and knowing their names, but perhaps their company has changed, which means they’ve continued to be our champions and know the power of our platform to solve problems across industries in many roles. I also love seeing the partner engagement, always helping people who may be new to the Nintex Automation product. The knowledge and experience are vast, and I love that our community cares and shares.

Is there any advice you would give to users learning Nintex?

Ask the questions. Chances are someone has the same question or has previously run into the requirement. One thing I love about our product is that there are many ways to accomplish the same thing. However, that’s also very daunting when you're staring at a blank canvas.
Follow the tutorials and training guides. Learn from the examples in the tutorials and training materials. We try to give real scenarios you can relate to and build your solutions in similar patterns.

What's one thing — either industry-related or not — you learned in the last month?

So many things! I’m in a very reflective mood lately with this anniversary, and I learn so much from my wonderful teams that I get to work with every day across the ocean. In this latest massive project of translating all our product sites into German, French, Spanish, and Arabic, I’ve learned so much about language nuances, adapting interfaces, and the challenges of a massive product and finding little bugs under every stone we overturn. And yet, the teams tackle each item with a smile, enthusiasm, and a collaborative spirit. There’s nothing we can’t accomplish together.

What's something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know?

Two things come to mind: Denallix Codi is a real person. When we first started building our training materials and virtual machines, we decided to add real employee personas at K2. It’s a fun little nugget that sometimes surprises people after they take the training and then meet me for the first time. Yes, I am a real human! Secondly, I had the awesome experience co-authoring a Wrox Press book, Professional K2 blackpearl. Along with coworkers and some great partners, we tackled everything from solution design to building business process applications in the big red book. On a personal note, I am a huge Lego fanatic surrounded by sets in my home office. My avatar is always my Lego minifig.

Be the first to reply!