Skip to main content

It was a busy conference for Nintex in Chicago. Technical Evangelist, Terry Simpson had to juggle a lot of things. 5976i7744FFD23D160CDD.png

He started off with a 2 hour workshop that focused on Process Mapping with the Nintex Promapp tool.  If you haven't seen it, it's definitely time to take a look. 5974iFAE8D00FAF039360.png

Wednesday, Terry had a session named Art of the Possible: Automation Demystified.  This was a technical deep dive into the tools that businesses can use to help their automation needs, with specific focus on time saving and increasing productivity.

Thursday, a session on Clicks not Code.  Here, Terry focused on the ease of use of automation tools like Nintex Forms, Workflow and Promapp and the lack of need for coding.  Essentially, empowering the business users.

The booth was also really busy.  Since the event was a mix of regulars and first timers, conversations varied quite a lot.  Between the current hot topic of Teams, Forms, Workflow automation, Robotic Process automation and understanding your processes, talking to people was by far the best part of this event.

One topic that came up a lot, was the lack of governance around the creation of Teams and Channels.  You end up having Team sprawl.  Remember the days of giving everyone the ability to creates sites in SharePoint?? No standard naming convention and people become part of so many teams, that they don't know what's going on.  We discussed building a process around the creation of teams and channels.  Having a Nintex Form that people can submit, it initiates a workflow, which in turn, goes through an approval process, generates a proper name and creates the channel/team.5973iBFE3689064542915.jpg

Now you know, given the name of this event, everyone is interested in SharePoint.  Don't be surprised though, that companies actually use more than just SharePoint.  In fact, automation plays an important role in many parts of the business, including software like CRM.  Whether you are using Dynamics CRM or Salesforce, automation around capturing events, data, updating or even deleting, is extremely important.  That's why Nintex Workflow Cloud was fun topic of discussion.5975i1DD89F13F0AF7A26.png

All of this proved to me, that there is something for everyone in the Nintex automation platform.  

To wrap it up, a customer came over and asked me for some help.  They had been doing some coding and it just wasn't working as expected.  They wanted to know if there was an alternative... that maybe Nintex Workflow could do it.  We talked through the process, understood the underlying data structure (lists), and we were able to build a workflow right there and then.  It was a joint effort, and the customer left understanding the workflow design.

There's nothing better than spending time with customers and soon-to-be customers as they walk away from the booth with a big smile on their faces.

Thank you to everyone who came to Terry's workshop and sessions, and to those that came by the booth.  Look forward to further discussions.

Be the first to reply!