Nintex Workflow Cloud: Data Source Permissions & Deletion

• 10 December 2020
  • 0 replies

I'm pleased to announce the release of two fantastic new features - Data Source Permissions and Data Source Deletion which are now live on NWC. Not only can users now delete data sources, but they now have the ability to control which users can edit a data source and who can consume it to bind data to the data lookup control.

When saving a data source, a permissions dialogue will appear displaying the existing permissions along with edit access, if that user is also the connection owner. Details on the permissions each of the key roles have been outlined below:

Connection Owners (owners of the connection used in a data source):

• The only users that can “Share” the data source with other users by defining who are data source editors and users
  • Will have edit access to the data source and will be able to change the configuration
  • Will be able to delete the data source
  • Can use the data source in forms to bind to a Data Lookup Control

9660i3438CDA83D0976E3.png

Data Source Editors:

• Will have edit access to the data source and will be able to change the configuration
  • Will be able to delete the data source

9661i98EE82D3D70C96CB.png

Data Source Users:

All existing Data Sources have been migrated to have the creator of the Data Source assigned an Editor and "Everyone" as Users by default.

9663i5611094EECFEE060.png

To delete a data source, or access the permissions details again, use the context menu in the Data Source page in the dashboard

9662i1C762DA0F38E6B49.png

0 replies

Be the first to reply!