Skip to main content

Nintex Hawkeye™️ is a workflow analytics solution that gives you an unprecedented view into your process portfolio across the entire Nintex Workflow Platform.

Today I'm pleased to share that it now supports Nintex for Office 365 and Nintex Workflow Cloud.

For those of you who have the Nintex for Office 365 Enterprise subscription (Workflow based) and skipped over previous posts about the topic, revisit Getting Started with a Nintex Hawkeye Process Intelligence Lens... Because this now applies to you.. 

So let me get to some of the basics.. 

Before you can start to see anything you need to get your Nintex Hawkeye tenant and connect your Office 365 environment to it. If you don't have a tenant, head to Try Nintex for 30 Days - Free!  to request your Nintex Hawkeye tenant. If you already have the license as part of your subscription shoot an email to Licensing@Nintex.com with your Tenant ID and they will activate it for you. You can find the Tenant ID on the "Nintex data sources" page

While we are on this page lets go through adding your Office 365 environment.  Firstly you want to "Add Nintex data source" and select "Office 365"

Please note, that the URL is to the Site Collection. So if you have multiple Site collections you have to setup the data sources to each of the Site Collections you wish to collect data for. This gives you the ability to setup individual Usage Lenses to a particular Site collection as well, but also to add each Site collection to an all encompassing environment lens. 

Once you have hit the "Authorize" button, you will be prompted to enter in your credentials.

These credentials need to be Site collection admin level.

Once Accepted, you are good to go, and your data source will appear in the window below. 

Now we need to go to create a Lens.. To start out, lets create a "Usage Lens". Select the "Lenses" tab in the top navigation and then the "Create lens" button.

Select "Usage" and give your lens a name.

Now because Office 365 doesn't have the concept of workflow history there isn't any data to pull from to populate the lens. This is unlike using Nintex Hawkeye for on-prem where it can pull from all that history. So what you need to do now to start recording information across your tenant is to republish the workflow. Nothing needs to be altered, just republish.

As you can see I have gone into my O365 tenant and republished a workflow. Almost instantly it displayed in the usage lens. To get more info on the usage lens you can watch my short video here Usage Lens and Process Lens.

The other video on that page refers to the other available lens, the Process lens. The power behind this lens, is the ability to set beacons within the workflow to collection information at runtime, not just about the workflow itself but also the context around the workflow such as metadata or variable values. This data can then be visualize within the lens.

Once you have made that connection of Hawkeye to your O365 tenant, inside Nintex Workflow for O365 you will get some new actions.

201302_pastedImage_13.png

You can now start to drag and drop these into your environment to collection that context information as referred to in the post Getting Started with a Nintex Hawkeye Process Intelligence Lens  ..

201303_pastedImage_18.png

Nintex Workflow Cloud

Now I have done a lot of talking about Office 365 here but I also mentioned we also now support Nintex Workflow Cloud as well. To be honest: The steps are exactly the same as described above.. 

1. Add data source
  2. Create lens
  3. Republish existing workflows
  4. Start to add beacons to capture more information from your processes to build process lenses. 

In your Nintex Workflow Cloud environment you will see the beacons show up in the menu as well. 

201304_pastedImage_22.png

So until next time, I'm sure this has given everyone enough to chew on for the time being..  Stay tuned, and watch this space happy.png 

To learn more about Hawkeye visit Workflow Analytics Tools & Dashboard - Nintex Hawkeye

Cool stuff mate!

Great news ! Just a shame we have to request the activation for each Enterprise tenant..  Microsoft does not wait for people to request a new free App to add it to the Launcher.

Just a thought.