Nintex is retiring the Assign a task action, which will no longer be available for new workflows as of 31st December 2022. Instead, use the Assign a task to multiple users task action to take advantage of many new capabilities around assigning tasks.
Although the Assign a task action will not be available for use in new workflows, it will still be available in the following scenarios:
- Existing workflows that use the Assign a task action will continue to run.
- If you have an existing workflow using the Assign a task action, you will still be able to update the configuration and publish your workflows.
- Support cases for the fundamental functionality of Assign a task will still be addressed.
- Non-critical support cases can be more quickly resolved by moving to the Assign a task to multiple users action.
We recommend replacing the Assign a task action in your existing workflows with the Assign a task to multiple users action to take advantage of the following benefits:
- New and improved capabilities such as
- Express approval,
- Task form configuration,
- Task Delegation, and
- Express approval comments.
- Flexibility to add assignees so that tasks can be completed by one or many or by a collaboration of people.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Nintex Support and refer to the following FAQs:
Q. Will my existing workflows that use the Assign a task action continue to execute?
A. Yes, all your current workflows, including both drafts and published workflows, that use the Assign a task action will continue to execute.
Q. Can I create new workflows with the Assign a task action?
A. No, after 31st December 2022, you will no longer be able to use the Assign a task action in new workflows that you create.
Q. Will new functionality continue to be supported for the Assign a task action?
A. No further functionality will be added to Assign a task. Any new functionality will be available only with the Assign a task to multiple users action.
Q. Should I switch to using the Assign a task to multiple users action?
A. Although not necessary, Nintex recommends switching your existing workflows to the Assign a task to multiple users action to make full use of the latest features added for Tasks.
* The information in this article is not a commitment, promise or other obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. This content is subject to change, without prior notice, at the sole discretion of Nintex