Skip to main content

I have a simple workflow (Built in the designer V4.7) which at the moment is either an Approval or Reject outcome. I want to add an other outcome to the workflow - Timed Out. Can any body advise what is the best way to do this.

Hi,

As you are using K2 Designer, under the User Task wizard, there's a field where you can input all the possible outcomes of a task. You can add another one for the outcome you want to include under 'Type each action that participants can perform on a separate line'. 

Thanks for this. Just one final question how do I set the rule that sets the time out. At the the moment I have three reminders being set at 24 hour intervals. Would there be a rule I add that 24 hours after the third reminder that triigers the timeout work flow action.

Many thanks for the advice

Andrew

Hi,

Maybe you can setup an escalation at the Approval to expire the activity after 24hrs.

1. Right click Approval step and select Escalation.

2. Add an escalation to expire the activty after 24hrs.

The bit I a struggling with is how to set the date that triggers the Timeout action, Updates the request status to TimedOut and send the email to the originator notiftying to this effect.  

Andy advice would be welcomed

Regards

Andrew