Skip to main content

Hi all,

Anyone else have any problems installing the May update?

When trying to update, it fails on this error:

1:0: ExecuteSqlScript.Execute: >> Logged Error: Script execute failed: System.Exception: Script execution exception: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ExecutionFailureException: An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: 'TRY_CONVERT' is not a recognized built-in function name.

1:0: Component.ExecuteTarget: >> Logged Error: Target did not complete successfully: DataPatches693317 + 693502.sql

Any ideas?

Hi 

Hi 

Hi Percy,

I was on SQL Server Expre2008 (SP3)

Updated to SQL Server 2016 (SP1), tried again and still same error

Upon further investigation this afternoon i noticed the following: it appears that the compatibility level is still 100 on my DB (SQL Express) even after upgrading it to SQL Express 2016 (SP1)

If the level is 100, the K2 May Update will fail (during the Server update part) because it runs a couple of SQL script injections using the TRY_CONVERT function.

I had to manually change the level to 120, then ran the May K2 Update and it went through without failure.

Hope this helps others, i wasted a day on what should have been a simple procedure.

Hi,

We have created a KB for this issue, thanks for your input.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/SQL-Script-error-after-running-May-CU/ta-p/97395