Skip to main content

I think I'm missing something obvious here, but I haven't turned up anything related to this in my search for help.

We recently updated to K2 4.7. Prior to this, on 4.6, we were using SharePoint 2010. We had a Dev and Prod K2 server and a Dev and Prod SharePoint server. When deploying a project from Dev to Prod, the SmartObject references for SP lists and libraries would error as expected, and I could then reselect the references to point to the Production SP SOs in the deployment tool.

Now on 4.7, we still have a Dev and Prod K2 server, but we're using SharePoint Online, and our Dev and Prod SharePoint sites are technically the same server. So when I try to deploy a Dev project to K2 Production, the K2 Prod server happily sees the Dev SmartObjects, they don't error out in  the deployment tool, and I can't figure out how to repoint the service objects to the Prod SharePoint site. In other words, the K2 project works fine in Production, but it's connected to the Dev SharePoint SOs, so it's updating the Dev SharePoint site, not Production, and I can't figure out how to repoint those.

The deployment tool shows these Service Object items as having an identical object found on the server, and when I right-click, Configure is grayed out, I can never get to the state where I can click on references in the right pane to select a new item from the SharePoint tree I used to see.

Hopefully someone will point out my obvious error here, but I've been tearing my hair out on this one. Thanks!

Thanks for the lead, that doesn't appear to be the issue here, my lists and libraries are all set to No for "Allow management of content types", on both Dev and Production, so there's no mismatch here. In fact I'm not getting any error during deployment as this article implies, and the Production workflow is happily updating the Dev SharePoint SmartObjects. I just need to point them to Production.