Skip to main content

I have a user who receives the 'file not found'message when she attempts to attach a document to a list in SharePoint. After she attempts to add it, everyone else gets this error message as well. However, everyone else can add an attachment to a list item as long as this user does not attempt to first. This has occurred ever since I implemented the K2 workflow. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?

This is very strange.  It could be related to SharePoint permissions.  Compare this user's SharePoint permissions to  others who can successfully do it.  Next you might check the location of the file she is trying to load.  Is that secured in some way?  Finally, open a support ticket if those things don't help.

Hi,

Do you happen to know if this only occurs when the particular user uploads certain files? For example, large file size vs standard .docx file.

If it’s possible, then I would recommend testing it on a simple item view with attachment control. This will help narrowing down the issue.

Hi Susanh2,

Please check the steps that Khanh mentioned, the other idea would be to testing using:

* K2 SmartForms View / Form

* Workflow

* SmartObject Tester Tool

Are there perhaps any relevant information in the HostServer logs and/or ULS logs? The HostServer log should have a corrolation id that you can match with the ULS logs.

-Jean

Hi Susanh2.

Does this user perhaps upload files with special characters in the name? See: https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt145258

Or perhaps does this user have a special character in her name?