Skip to main content

Error is isolated to only one laptop. Form is based on sharepoint list and uses default file attachment controls/rules. Error shown is "File not loaded: An unexpected error occured, contact your system administrator". Where do I begin troubleshooting it?

K2_Beginner,

If this is isolated to a single laptop then there might be a browser setting or some kind of security setting that is blocking the attachment. I would start by using a different browser to add an attachment. I would also look at the security settings and make sure there is not some kind of firewall or something that is preventing a connection. One other thing that could be preventing an upload is the file size of the attachment. It may seem like the issue is limited to a single machine but it could be the file being attached is too large for the list. I know SharePoint has some default limits for file attachments. I think it is 60 or 80 MB. The last thing that comes to mind is permissions on the list. If this individual only has read access to the file attachment list then an attachment is going to fail. I hope this will give you a few areas to start and maybe offer a solution to your problem.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

I looked into IE settings, file access issues, size, SP security etc. Nothing was amiss. User had no patience..he just got a new PC and problem solved.