K2 Five (5.2) Release Notes
K2 is proud to release K2 Five (5.2), our release that builds on K2 Five and focuses on making it easy to build solutions and use K2. Use these release notes to download the product, request a product key, and read about new features, including upgrade information and links to helpful resources about K2 Five (5.2).
Download and Product Key
|Download the installer from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.|
|If you're upgrading from K2 4.7 you will need a new license key to install K2 Five (5.2). Get a license from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.|
|Get License Key|
K2 Five (5.2) adds many new features that help you deliver powerful process automation across your business. Below are some of the main features added in K2 Five (5.2). For a detailed list of the features below and enhancements, please see What's New in K2 Five (5.2)
K2 Workflow Designer
Security and Governance
Application Forms: Previously, you needed to mark a form as an Application Form and store the form in the Apps category for it to appear in the My Forms section in K2 Workspace. Now you only need to flag the form as an Application Form for it to appear in K2 Workspace.
K2 Package and Deployment
What you need to know when upgrading
- You can upgrade to K2 Five (5.2) from both K2 4.7 and K2 Five (5.0 or 5.1).
- You cannot upgrade directly from K2 4.7 to K2 5.2 if you have 4.7 installed on-premises with the K2 database in Azure SQL. In this case, you must first upgrade your K2 4.7 installation to K2 Five (5.0), then upgrade to K2 Five (5.1) and then to K2 Five (5.2).
- When upgrading ensure your environment is fully functional and not in a broken state. For example, if you are on K2 Five (5.1) and run the repair or configure option from the installer and errors occur, or the option does not complete successfully, upgrading to a newer version will not fix the environment. Upgrade after fixing the issues in the current K2 environment.
- The delete option in SmartObject Security (K2 Management>Integration>SmartObject Security) has been deprecated, for more information on the expected upgrade behavior change and manual configuration see KB0002667.
- In this release access to the K2 Designer site is solely controlled by configuring rights using the Designer node in K2 Management. For more information on the change in behavior see KB002722 - K2 Designer rights changes in behavior.
- Refer to KB002384 - Known issue: Value cannot be null Error Upgrading to K2 Five (5.1) before upgrading, if affected you must run a script to fix the error before continuing with the upgrade.
- The K2 installer now blocks installations if your SQL Azure databases do not meet the minimum requirement. See the Compatibility and Support Matrix for the minimum supported version.
- If you are upgrading from K2 4.7, read KB002045 for all the information on install changes, considerations, changes in the product, and how these affect your current environment.
- Before upgrading to K2 Five (5.2) ensure all App artifacts in the category All Items/Apps/K2/Framework/Core including all child categories of the Core category are checked in. Failure to do so will result in a failed upgrade. See KB002419 for the resolution if you have already upgraded before checking in the artifacts.
- If you are using K2 for SharePoint and upgrading from K2 4.7 there is an updated app available. You must upgrade the K2 for SharePoint app and re-run the K2 for SharePoint registration wizard.
- If you are upgrading from K2 Five (5.0 or 5.1) and use the K2 for SharePoint app, do not run App Deployment only rerun the registration wizard after the upgrade.
- As of K2 5.1, SharePoint Application Accelerators are no longer available. Existing applications based on SharePoint Application Accelerators continue to function, but the ability to deploy new applications based on these Accelerators has been removed and replaced with K2 Apps.
- In K2 Five you had the ability to grant people API administrator rights allowing them to administer Workflow REST and OData APIs. The rights were configured in the API Administrators section in K2 Management> Integration> API Configuration. In K2 Five (5.1) the API Administrators rights are part of the Server Administrator and can no longer be separately configured. The API Administrators section in the K2 Management> Integration> API Configuration node is removed.
- If you upgraded to K2 Five from K2 4.7 and had the Sort By SmartBox setting enabled in the Legacy Design tools, after upgrading to K2 Five (5.2) the selection will be disabled in the database and you need to manually enable the new SmartObject property index setting on the SmartObject.
Resolved Items in K2 Five (5.2) (5.0003.1000.2)
The following issue is addressed in the latest version of 5.2. See KB002875 - Invalid Roles Detected during Setup for more information.
Fix Packs contain fixes for issues reported in K2 Five (5.2). K2 recommends that you test these Fix Packs before you deploy to a production environment. For a listing of fix packs for this version of K2 Five, see KB002760.
- Feature Matrix
- K2 Five Compatibility and Support Matrix
- K2 Five (5.1) Installation and Configuration Guide
- K2 Five (5.1) User Guide
- K2 Mobile User Guide
- What's New in K2 Five (5.2)
- K2 Five (5.2) Bug Fixes
- K2 Five (5.2) Known Issues