Code Fix: When a SmartObject generated from a SQL server Stored Procedure returns data, the data is split into two rows
When you execute the GetList method for a SmartObject that was generated from a SQL Server Stored Procedure where the return property is a Memo field, the returned data does not get truncated and is split into multiple lines.
The fix is available in the following K2 versions:
|K2 4.7 December 2019 Cumulative Update||K2 Five (5.0) December 2019 Cumulative Update||K2 Five (5.1) November 2018 Cumulative Update||K2 Five (5.2) May 2019 Cumulative Update||K2 Five (5.3) April 2020 Cumulative Update||K2 Five (5.4)|
|X||X||X||X||Fix Pack 27||Fix Pack 18|
- Ensure you have the correct K2 version and/or Cumulative Update installed. See KB001893 to see what Fix Pack level you have installed.
- Download the latest Fix Pack using the links in the table above for the version you require.
- Install the Fix Pack to apply the fix.
- Once the Fix Pack has been applied you will need to add the display name of the Stored Procedure ServiceObject to the new “Stored Procedure returning XML (for xml statement)” field.
- You can find the Service Object display name using the SmartObject tester tool. Right click the ServiceObject in question and click view XML. Look for the Display name property at the top of the right-hand pane.
· Values are not case sensitive.
· Multiple values can be separated by a comma.
· This setting is specifically for stored procedures that use the FOR XML statement to return data as XML.
· For more about the FOR XML clause please see the following link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/xml/for-xml-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15