Code Fix: Unable to use an Exchange SmartObject to retrieve emails by folder
K2 Five 5.3 to 5.4
K2 Five (5.3) April 2020 Cumulative Update
K2 Five (5.3) April 2020 Cumulative Update Fix Pack 20
Unable to use an Exchange SmartObject to retrieve emails by folder and use the items in a workflow. Mapped field values are returned as System.String instead of an actual value.
The fix is available in the following K2 versions:
|K2 4.7 December 2019 Cumulative Update||K2 Five (5.0) December 2019 Cumulative Update||K2 Five (5.1) November 2018 Cumulative Update||K2 Five (5.2) May 2019 Cumulative Update||K2 Five (5.3) April 2020 Cumulative Update||K2 Platform Classic(5.4)|
|X||X||X||X||Fix Pack 20||Fix Pack 12|
- Ensure you have the correct K2 version and/or Cumulative Update installed. See KB001893 to see what Fix Pack level you have installed.
- Download the latest Fix Pack using the links in the table above for the version you require.
- Install the Fix Pack to apply the fix.
- A new property called “ID” is now available in the Exchange Online Broker > List method.
- You need to refresh the Exchange Broker Service Instance to add this new property.
- Existing SmartObject executions will not map the ID property and checks have been added to check if Body and Subject is empty and if only ID is specified it will load that item by ID.
- All other List method scenarios will still work as before.
- When two or more emails are stored in a folder and an email needs to be used separately, a Loop Step needs to be added in the workflow to concatenate the email subject titles. See link below for more detail and how to achieve this https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/classic/userguide/current/default.htm#How-Tos/LoopList/How-To-Loop-through-list-of-items.htm