Saved filter, how to view all configurations?

• 8 October 2020
  • 6 replies

In the grid control is “Selected Filter”, where users can configure and save their own filters. How (in K2 Cloud), can I view the detail of those configured filters? I know we have some users that are using the functionality, but can’t tell how many, or what sort of filters they’ve configured.

6 replies

Hi,

You can view the filters of grid controls in the “Property” tab of the control. Some filters can also be done via the “rules” of your form/view. Here is a link with more information on grid controls. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Prineel

I think we’re talking about something different. I have a grid that has “runtime filtering” enabled, per this option:

Which at runtime, looks like this:

Each user that configures a filter using this functionality sees only their own filter configuration. But how can I, as an administrator, see the detail of filters that all users have configured?

Hi,

I dont think that is possible. From what I understand (Im not 100% sure about this), only the user that creates the listview filter can view/access it. I did find this article which is relatable, hopefully it will be helpful.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi @Jason3 

I think there is a way that you can see it but it will require accessing the K2 database which is a long shot.

In K2 database there is a table ‘UserSetting’ that has the runtime filters.

Please note that the runtime filters value is saved as xml code.

You can run the following code:

SELECT TOP (1000) [id]

,[Value]

FROM [K2].[Form].[UserSetting]

Results: 

<ViewFilterCriteria><FilterCriteria name="TEST FOR COM"><Filter isSimple="True"><Equals><Item SourceType="ViewField" SourceID="3c747b30-8b92-0cac-294d-7e6e8c25ea7e" DataType="text" Name="72abe205-c92a-7f3c-43a1-7803723d1b26_3c747b30-8b92-0cac-294d-7e6e8c25ea7e" SourceName="Name" SourceDisplayName="Name">Name</Item><Item SourceType="Value"><SourceValue><Item SourceType="Value"><![CDATA[Qualified]]></Item></SourceValue></Item></Equals></Filter></FilterCriteria><FilterCriteria name="test number 2"><Filter isSimple="True"><Equals><Item SourceType="ViewField" SourceID="3c747b30-8b92-0cac-294d-7e6e8c25ea7e" DataType="text" Name="72abe205-c92a-7f3c-43a1-7803723d1b26_3c747b30-8b92-0cac-294d-7e6e8c25ea7e" SourceName="Name" SourceDisplayName="Name">Name</Item><Item SourceType="Value"><SourceValue><Item SourceType="Value"><![CDATA[failed]]></Item></SourceValue></Item></Equals></Filter></FilterCriteria></ViewFilterCriteria>

On the results you can see that I have 2 runtime filters :

• Test for com with CData[Qualified] (name = qualified runtime filter)
  • Test number 2 with CData[Failed] (name = failed runtime filter)

Regards

HulisaniN

Unfortunately I’m using K2 Cloud, so direct database access is unavailable.

Hi @Jason3 

I agree with Prineel, Since you are using Cloud I don’t think it would be possible to get the runtime filter information.

Maybe you can log a new idea here.

Note: If your idea receives over 20 votes in 90 days, we will move it to Future Consideration.
If not, the Idea will be moved to Not Planned with the possibility of it being moved to Future Consideration should it collect 20 or more votes in the future.

Regards

Hulisani