Solved

Redirection through Another Form

• 18 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

I just want to know if there is way to revert back to previous Task/Activity.

Details: Let’s assume i have a workflow running where it involves 2 Activities one after another. When the workflow is in Activity 2, is it possible to redirect it to Activity 1/Short Close it (Not via the Management Portal or SMO Tester Tool).

Expectation: Like configuring the Activity 2 output using another form or view. I tried all the ways, so just double confirming whether this can be achievable or not.

icon

Best answer by TinTex 18 May 2023, 17:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I assume you were referring to the “Go To Activity” action when you indicated (Not via the Management Portal or SMO Tester Tool)?

What is Activity2 doing?  Does it require a user decision or does it just execute something and move on?

If it just executes something and moves on, are there certain condition(s) that would dictate if it should “redirect to Activity 1/Short Close it”?  Because if it always go back to Activity 1, that would create an endless loop without escape.

If there are certain condition(s), you can just use a Split after Activity 2, check the condition(s), then connect the output lines back to Activity 1 or proceeding with what it should next instead.

Warning: If both Activity 1 and Activity 2 are not Tasks or SmartObjects that “Wait for external system” (putting the WF in an Active State), this can also create endless looping.  If you are waiting for an external system update or change, and the activity/decision checks that, you will want to add a Timer event with some wait interval to prevent overloading the K2 Server.  Although if this is the case, SmartObjects that uses the “Wait for external system” would also be recommended in this case.

If it is user task and waiting for a user’s decision; the user’s action would allow you to send the workflow back to activity 1 or complete it via the decision lines:

Or perhaps you are thinking of a Task Deadline, that can tell the workflow to take a certain Decision and Lines after deadline is reached:

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/k2five/userguide/current/Content/K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Basic/Task/TaskTabs/07Deadline/Deadline-Tab.htm

If these suggestions are not applicable, we may need more specifics regarding the use case.

Badge +3

Thank you so much for the clear cut explanation, i got the answer based on this explanation.

I have a user who approved Activity 1 and it will go to Activity 2. So in this case i want to provide an option to the user who actioned in Activity 1 to revoke his decision. 

Below is the example on how I’m planning to implement based on your explanation. So after the Activity 1, I’m giving access to the Activity User1 to define the Activity 2. Generally speaking, I have added some data in the Activity 1 and Approved it for further Approval (Activity 2). I felt like revoking it before Activity 2 Actual user approves it, since i miss some data.

Hope I made it clear and let me know if any mistakes in this approach.

or the other way is