Solved

How to remove auto generated SmartForm actions

Good Day 

So on my workflows i have always used smart forms and on each task they auto generate a view with ' Folio , Activity Name, Instructions and select action' as seen on my 'approver task' screenshot i provided. I would like to remove that whole view and use my own controls on my form to select an action on either Approve , Rework or Decline. 

Approved: Takes it to another Task for approver

Decline : Declines and sends email

Rewok: id like it to ReOpen original sent form so user can resubmit Task.

all without that auto generted view 

How would i go about doing this?

icon

Best answer by paulk 12 July 2022, 13:04

View original

3 replies

Badge +3
There's two things you need to do, firstly you need to change the available task actions from within the workflow task. That is so you can show those three actions instead of the two in the screenshot.

Secondly if you want to change the Smartform, you'll have to design one yourself. It's not super simple, and will require quite a learning curve to properly set this up.

You probably can just make do with changing the task actions, and having the workflow branch out to do different things following the decision action (the box with the diamond sign directly after the task) from within the workflow, so:
Approved: goes on its merry way to the next task in the workflow
Decline: goes into an email action then a stop workflow
Revoke: goes into another task, call it "review request" or something and hook it up to the original smartform, which has a "re-submit" and "cancel" action, with the re-submit then leading back to the approval step.

The revoke step would require you to play with form states, to get the form to load in the request ID from the workflow and show the task actions.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9

You can action any workflow task in SmartForms by calling the Action Worklist Item rule.

If you pass the SN in as a parameter to your form you can then use that to call the rule, if you also then pass in the Action that you want to perform then it will do that action.

Fun fact the K2 engine doesn't care if the configured WF / task combination in the rule is actually the one you are working with, it just requires that you pass an action that is valid for the specified serial number.

This should help you get going in the right direction:   https://help.nintex.com/en-us/k2five/userguide/5.5/default.htm#How-Tos/ManualTaskIntegration/ManualTaskIntegration.htm#CompleteTaskRuleshttps://help.nintex.com/en-us/k2five/userguide/5.5/default.htm#Create/K2Designer/Rules/RuleActions.htm?TocPath=Create%257CSmartForms%257CForms%257CRules%257CActions%257C_____0

Cheers

Badge +1

Hi Smith,

HAve you solved this?

Regards