Solved

Workflow start variable and task forms

• 8 January 2020
  • 4 replies

How to edit start event variables and export forms in workflow? I have to reuse similar forms in multiple tasks but cant find a way to do so?

icon

Best answer by butlerj 27 February 2020, 15:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Workflow Start variables can be changed by opening the workflow in the Nintex Workflow designer and going to workflow settings > Variables.

To export a task form open the workflow in the Nintex Workflow designer. Find the Task that has the task form that you want to re-use and open its configuration. From the ribbon click the edit task form option to display the form. Click export from the ribbon.

To reuse the form do the same as above on a new Task action but click Import instead of export and select the form you just exported.
The new task will now have the same task form as the one you exported from.

:) I can't find these options in nintex workflow cloud. It seems to the way we do it in o365 or on-prem forms.

Also i meant change start event variable value in-side the workflow as it seems to be readonly.

Please let em know if am missing anything.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Sorry my mistake.

Start event variables are added automatically based on the controls on the form and the created workflow variables. They cannot be changed.

Forms cannot be exported.
Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@ajitabh_srivas are you refering to the ability to change the name of the Instance Start Data that is displayed after the workflow has triggered? If so, we have a new UserVoice post on this and I would love your votes to help raise its visibility to the product team!

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/430063-5-nintex-workflow-cloud/suggestions/39801832-improved-instance-start-data-naming