Question

Unable to Publish or Save over WiFi on Workflow Cloud

Badge +2

Hi there,

I’m running into issues when attempting to save or publish a workflow over WiFi on the Workflow Cloud platform. The loading graphics stay on the screen for a while and then errors as below:

This occurs on my home WiFi, phone hotspot and work WiFi *(which means firewall/port issues relating to the business network are excluded). It seems that saving and publishing only works when connected via LAN.

Is this intended behaviour (baffling if so)? If not, how could I begin to troubleshoot?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

H Damien, at first read this did not sound familiar. This is certainly not intended behavior :-) 

I do remember though from a few years ago when I worked via satellite connection (also a bit slower connection with a long latency) that such messages frequently appeared. Not sure if it was exactly the same but at least my ‘Publish’ actions failed I remember. My remedy was this: When the publish workflow window appears do not instantly click the ‘Publish’ button. Wait until the lookup fields have fully populated and give the window a few more seconds to fully load. Then click 'Publish’. This improved my chances on a successful publish action and reduced error popups I remember.

Let me know if this also works for you. If so, we might have to suggest to Nintex to not enable the Publish button until the form has fully loaded. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@DamienT did it work for you? If so, appreciate if you mark this as a ‘solution’ after which I can add this to the uservoice as a change request.

Badge +2

Hi WouterT, thanks for the suggestion; I didn’t have any success when waiting for a period while on the publish screen before pressing publish (waited 30 seconds). 

It’s a super weird issue that’s for sure.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi WouterT, thanks for the suggestion; I didn’t have any success when waiting for a period while on the publish screen before pressing publish (waited 30 seconds). 

It’s a super weird issue that’s for sure.

It certainly is. Sorry that I cannot help you any further with this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

This may seem like an odd thing to try but I’ve had some funny save errors in the past as well.

Try a browser clear cache and reload the workflow cloud site.

Another alternative is try a different browser or create a new browser profile.

That should hopefully rule out any corrupt cache or cookie issue.